2019 prizes and prize winners
Congratulations to this year's BTWW prize winners.
The highest participation is determined using the number of riders that logged trips and the number of trips logged per team.
Teams with the highest participation rates in each size category (mini, small, medium, and large) can win tickets for dinner and wine from Kelowna Actors Studio, wine tours from Tantalus Vineyards, $100 GC from Urban Harvest, tours from Smile Cycle Tours, self-guided tour for two to Penticton from Myra Canyon Bike Rentals, GCs from Orthoquest, free yoga at The Hot Box Yoga, bike lights, and lots of other great prizes.
- Mini: B Proactive Counselling & Associates, Team Leader Kyle Dyck
- Small: Andrew Peller, Team Leader Daneen Skilling
- Medium: Highstreet Ventures, Team Leader Jay Starnino
- Large: “QHRRReady to Ride” (QHR), Team Leader Shannon Ballance
- X-Large: “KF Aerocyces” (KF Aerospace), Team Leader Mathew Tasson
First time participants are entered into a prize draw and the team leader of that prize winner will also recieve a prize.
Winners of the GoByBike BC Society's provincial first time Bike to Work Week participant prize draw received one of five $100 Visa gift cards.
- Colin Wilson, Kelowna, UBC School of Engineering
- Jasper George, Greater Victoria, Institute of Ocean Sciences/Pacific Geoscience Centre
- Sherri Schmidt, Kamloops, Participated as Solo Rider
- Shannon Baikie, Campbell River, North Island Employment
- Blair Phillips, Penticton, Pro Physio Pedal Pushers
Team leaders of the provincial new rider winners also receive $100 Visa gift cards.
- Samantha Luckow, Kelowna, UBC School of Engineering
- Hauke Blanken, Greater Victoria, Institute of Ocean Sciences/Pacific Geoscience Centre
- Tracey McQuair, Penticton, Pro Physio Pedal Pushers
To qualify for the grand prize trip draw, you must log kilometers for at least one trip that you choose to ride your bike instead of drive a motor vehicle to during Bike to Work & School Week, May 27 - June 2, 2019. After you have registered and logged a trip, you must enter the Exodus Prize Draw.
Congratulations to the winner of the provincial grand prize, an Exodus Travels cycling trip for two to Prosecco, Italy.
- Shelley Klein from Vernon, BC
Read more about the grand prize and Shelley's reaction at biketowork.ca.
*This grand prize trip package includes economy class round-trip airfare from the nearest international airport, hotel accommodations, a local leader and planned routes and itineraries with support vehicles to follow. Prize winner must be 19 years of age or older.
Get your whole team’s results entered online at gobybikebc.ca before Wednesday, June 5, and your team will be entered into a draw.
Visit three or more Celebration or Satellite Stations to get your passport stamped and you will be entered to win one of three prize packs from Nature’s Fare. Deadline for submissions is June 5, 2018.
Winners receive one of three prize packs, which include a $100 gift certificate.
- Lisa Incrocci
- Brian Whittle
- Luke Best
Congratulations to Tessa from Kelowna who won the e-bike giveaway. Thanks to everyone who participated.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to the City of Kelowna, not Facebook.
- Eligibility: This contest is open to canadian residents only.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the City of Kelowna as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Tuesday, May 21 and ending Friday, May 24 at 3:59 p.m.
- How to Enter: The contest must be entered by liking and commenting on the Facebook post on the official Bike to Work and School Week 2019 event page. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the City of Kelowna.
- Prize: The winner of the contest will receive a Seven Peaks E-One 7H 350W Electric Bike provided by Kelowna E-Ride. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the City of Kelowna. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will randomly selected under the supervision of the City of Kelowna. Winner will be notified through Facebook within 24 hours following selection of contest closing. The City of Kelowna shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected.
- Publicity: By particpating, each contestant grants the City of Kelowna permission to use his/her name, likeness and comments for publicity purposes.
All questions regarding this contest should be directed to info@smartTRIPS.ca.
Winners for the daily prize draws are announced via email newsletter and posted on the smartTRIPS website.
There will be random prize draws daily. Any team that is registered for Bike to Work Week will be automatically entered in this draw. The Team Leader will be notified and they can distribute to someone on their team.
See how far you can toss a bike tire onto a delineator. Each day the distance will increas and the top three competitors will be invited to compete in the tire toss finals, held at the Friday afternoon event on May 31 at Prospera Place. Prizes from Kettle River Brewing will reward successful throws throughout the week and the winning competitors at the end of the week.