Google Maps and Transit App
- Search your destination.
- Click the “Directions” button.
- Select the bus icon along the top.
- Enter your origin/starting point.
Google Maps will then show you the next available transit route, which bus routes you need to take, your total travel time, and the time you should depart. (Plan to be 5 minutes early)
- Click the “More options and times” button. In this screen:
- You can select between: Leave now, Depart at, or Arrive by, and set the time and date.
- Under “Route Options”, you can select between: Best route, Fewer transfers, and Less walking
- Google Maps displays alternative trips you can select to best suit your timing needs.
- If required, you can print your custom transit plan either with or without a map.
Google Maps tips:
Zoom: Double click anywhere on the map, use the mouse wheel, or use the zoom toolbar on the bottom right side of the map.
Move: Hold the left mouse button on the map to drag it in any direction.
Street View: In the bottom right hand corner, click and drag the little man to where you would like to see a point of view on the map.
On your smartphone, Transit App can be a helpful tool for getting around on transit and planning your trips. Thousands of transit riders in our region rely on Transit App for their trips already. You can download the app on the Google Play Store and the App Store. For more information please visit http://transitapp.com/