Friday BTWW updates and prize winners
The sun was shining on us at Boyce-Gyro Park this morning as we enjoyed delicious breakfast wraps and coffee from Urban Fare! Thanks to Kelowna Cycle for the bike tune-ups, the MS Society for the wine draw and info about the MS Bike – Okanagan Experience, and Modo for the fun bean bag toss and info about car sharing in the Okanagan.
We had a lot of great performances at the Tire Toss this morning, with the furthest successful throw at 21.5 feet! Ben Fecht will be invited to compete for prizes from Kettle River Brewing in the finals TONIGHT at Prospera Place starting at 5 p.m.
Facebook contest e-bike winner:
Congratulations Tessa S. from Kelowna who took home a brand new e-bike courtesy of Kelowna E Ride.
The final bike winner will be announced on Monday, June 3!
3-session starter pack
90-minute float session
Okanagan Health Surgical Centre
Disney Interactive Worlds Cycling Team
Disney Interactive Worlds – Club Penguin
Bananas on Bikes
2-week unlimited pass
Odlum Brown Limited - Kelowna
All daily prizes can be picked up by your Team Leader at Parkinson Rec Centre between May 27 and June 16, 2019.
What's in store for this afternoon and Saturday
Join us this afternoon at Prospera Place for the wrap-up Celebration Station from 4:00-6:30 p.m.
- Food provided by L’Arena Caffé (with a $2 donation to Brain Trust Canada)
- Beer from Kettle River Brewing ($5 or if you are wearing a 2019 BTWW t-shirt it’s $4!)
- Bike checks by The Lions Cyclery
- On-site massage and soft tissue release from Valeo Health Clinic
- Tire Toss finals at 5 p.m.
- Live music by Sad Tom and the Noodles
- Swag hand-outs from Okanagan Acupuncture Centre
- Bike valet by the Kelowna Area Cycling Coalition
- Free bike registration with Garage 529
- Fun and Games with Smile Cycle Tours
- SunFM Fun Seeker
- And of course, you can still enter the bike draw and get your passport stamped at the smartTRIPS tent
There is also the last Satellite Station on Saturday, June 1 at Urban Harvest, 806 Crowley Ave, Kelowna from 9-11 a.m. Don’t miss this one!
- Collect your final passport stamp
- Get your bike checked by ChainLine Cycle
- Sample some tea from Chaibaba, coffee from Okanagan Street Food, chocolate bread from Okanagan Grocery, Joolz energy bars and delicious fruits and veggies
- Live music by Dale Zeich
- Random veggie giveaways
- Prize draw for a family harvest box
- Plus all BTWW participants get $5 off their purchase of fresh produce! (Check out the coupon on your GoByBikeBC account – login, go to your dashboard, and on the left navigation menu, click “Coupons”)
A big thank you to our contributors, including:
Bike Skills Camp
This week long camp for 9-12 year olds is designed to get kids on bikes and give them the confidence to ride further. The camp runs from July 15-19 at Parkinson Recreation Centre and features bike games, skill development and group rides on the bike paths. Register today!
Participate in Lake Country's Pedestrian, Bike and Recreational Trails Plan
Building on work done through the Transportation for Tomorrow initiative, a new Pedestrian, Bike, & Recreational Trails Plan will set the foundation for developing well-connected, attractive active transportation networks that are safe, convenient and accessible for people of all ages and abilities.
Please make sure your perspective is considered in the development of this new plan by completing the Lake Country Pedestrian, Bike and Recreational Trails Plan Public Survey online.